I hope that this final reflection
Blog is about all the things I have learned in our class of Creativity and
Problem Awareness (because that is what I intended to write). Just in case, I
would like to share with you our first-hand experience in applying all we have
learned through the Creative Pitch Project and at the same time, I’ll tour you
inside my canvas, my notebook for this Semester (ignore the handwriting, it is
written in a language that only I could understand. LOL)
Phase 1
VISUAL THINKING
Before our group
mates even discussed what will we be doing for the Creative Pitch, I have
thought of random ideas and visualize them as if it was already done and I am
already using. Yes, what I first imagined for this project was an invention;
like pants that is especially designed to be worn for both land and water,
shoes that can be transformed into slippers and into sandals and a piggy bank
money dispenser (now that’s ambitious!). Yes, all of these are just fun visions
for the upcoming plan but I think this kind of exercise, if I would define it,
is a good preparation for the creative process that our group will encounter
for the Final Project.
CREATIVITY
When the time has come for our
group to meet and think of what we would be doing for the Creative Pitch, we
all expected that everyone would be in their “creative mode” so that we could
have a lot of ideas to choose from and to develop these ideas to be our final
project. Of course being in a “creative mode” is not as easy as eating a cotton
candy. It takes time before one could be engaged into this mode. There are
different strokes for different folks. Some may pertain to food, setting or
even their physical appearances for their motivation. While other cling to an “inspiration”,
which is sometimes indefinable, and often just an excuse, oh well different
stroke for different folks. For our group, for us to be in our own “creative
mode”, I would say we talked about anything under the sun while eating lunch.
After we ate, we find a perfect location to have our creative process. After we
have decided the place we will be having our creative process, then that was
the time, I would say, that our group was already in our own “creative mode".
CREATIVE PROCESS
The Creative process is not as easy
as you’ve imagined. Because all of the
techniques have the same use and benefits, it is hard to choose a technique to
follow with our creative process. After having an initial sharing of our random
creative thoughts, we have decided to use the Mandala of Japanese Creativity (Tatsuno,
1990). It is nice to know that we could really use a Japanese technique in our
project since it is not really the usual technique to be used, especially for
us Filipinos, but I really respect their method since it had helped our project
to reach it full potential.
Phase 4
PROBLEM IDENTIFICATION & IDEA
GENERATION
Within the creative process,
Problem Identification and Idea Generation took place. We did not perform the
mind mapping technique, because I personally think that it may not help us in
generating ideas when we identify the problem. We had a fusion of Problematique
method and Brainstorming. We had the type of discussion wherein we tell the
problem then we pitch in the solution. This problem was still being broken down
through asking the question WHY and after answering it, another suggestion was
pitched for the development of the solution. I am not sure if it has been 100%
effective but it surely save a lot of time and avoids our minds to be stressed
out of all the creative thinking (because the left brain should also work, even
in this situation, to balance everything), just my opinion. ;) For the
evaluation part, we used the Six Thinking hats for the so-called
idea-refinement of the Mandala of the Japanese Creativity. I personally
believed that the Six Thinking hats would fit the demands asked by the Idea
refinement and actually it has been helpful and successful.
Phase 5
ORGANIZATIONAL CREATIVITY
For this phase, I would say that
even after the creative process, the group is still in their “creative mode”
when it comes to its refinement and testing/implementation. This just shows how
my group mates used their creative qualities into the group work. Everyone has
been open to comment and suggestions even after the evaluation. What is more
interesting after finishing the Creative Pitch, we went back from where we
started which is a good conversation about almost anything then decided to dismiss
the creative process. I am happy with what we have accomplished all throughout
the semester and I am thankful for what I have learned in my 1st
semester here in Ateneo.
Goodbye
Blog….
At
least for now…
Thank
you and God bless everyone!






So we really do we have 5 blog eh? hehe :) okay so 1 blog coming up! :) i can see sacs that you have gone through rigorous process just so to be able to come up with such creative output! haha you have always been so particular with details and how to make things work... that is so why i am so glad to have you as a group mate along side with Jo and Volts (yiihh touch sila :)) i know you will apply this in your work so i am assured that all will be well on your side :) no good byes! just see you around :)see you around intramuros sacarias :))
ReplyDelete